‘Tis the season to be busy!
But never too busy to get together with friends. Restaurant reservations are a drag and I don’t want to be out fighting the crowds, I’d rather be cosy in my own home. So what’s a lazy girl to do? Break out the cocktails and cut down on the menu.
I love hosting a dessert bar party, especially at this time of year when everyone is in the mood to eat sweet treats! I picked a chocolate/peppermint food theme and found there are nearly endless variations of treats… many of which are sooo easy to make. Here’s my menu:
- Chocolate Pretzel Rods Two Ways: Milk & White Chocolate and Milk Chocolate with Peppermint
- Peppermint Oreos
- Peppermint Popcorn
- Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- White Chocolate Bark with Pistachios and Cranberries
- M&M’s Hershey Kisses (use only the red M&M’s to stay on theme)
- Jane’s Roasted Almonds (Hey – You have to have a salty snack on such a sweet table!!)
I picked up an inexpensive roll of red and white striped wrapping paper and created a runner down the center of my kitchen table. I then stacked cake plates to display each layer of tasty treat:
I printed individual labels with a peppermint boarder for each of the treats:
and done! One totally fab, almost too beautiful to eat dessert bar.
The only drawback is the dishes…..but it’s a small price to pay!