It’s become apparent to me that Austin Monthly magazine is stalking me.
That’s right, I said it. I’m not afraid to call them out. How else do you explain this? Just check out this month’s cover:
Uh-huh, it’s all about shopping in Austin’s hidden gems – the boutiques that are helping keep this city weird and wonderful. But how did they come up with this story idea? That’s right, you guessed it: They ripped it right off of my Facebook page!
What?! That’s ME thinking of this idea 6 weeks before the magazine is published! What can I say? It IS “The Cool Issue”, they know goodness when they see it.
So after exhaustive research, I’ve come up with the crawl. The focus for the crawl is to hit the new stores we haven’t been to, so don’t worry Hem and Maya Star, we’ll be back soon!
- Sanctuary Austin: Decorative items for the home, with a focus on modern, bold women’s clothing as well as baby lines. Here’s what they say about themselves: Pamper yourself with bath and body lines, soy candles, and long lasting diffusers. We say decorating a space doesn’t have to break the bank and we
love inexpensive prints, tiny vases, and beautiful tea towels. Affordable, fun, fresh and easy… we love breezy, timeless dresses with bold graphics, embroidered tops, screen printed tees and great jewelry.
- Beehive: Stylish, unique and affordable clothing and accessories for women.
- Blue Elephant: Women’s clothing, designer denim such as Marc Jacobs. Rock & Republic and others as well as bath and beauty products from Fresh, Tokyo Milk and Bumble and Bumble,
- Paper Place: Describes themselves as a delightful destination for special items such as: stationery, cardstock and envelopes, notepads, wrapping paper and gift bags, and paper plates and napkins.
- c. jane: From everyday jeans to must-have accessories plus flirty tops and dresses for all occasions. c. jane offers big name designers as well as local Texas artists all with a focus on trend and being fashion forward.
- Stella Says Go: Distinctive and unique women’s footwear and accessories
- Gallery D: Fashionable women’s clothing, jewelry and shoes this boutique is often described as well-edited.
- Plain Ivey Jane: Affordable designer women’s clothing
- Langford Market: Describes themselves as a one-of-a-kind shopping experience, offering carefully chosen, classically feminine clothing, accessories, furniture, and gifts. Striving to make women feel beautiful and unique, and to lend warmth and personality to your surroundings through the perfect finishing touches
- Girl Next Door: From GND: you will find wardrobe staples from Vince and Joie; sultry tops and dresses for evening Cynthia Vincent; and stunning styles from Mara Hoffman for a night out on the town. One of our specialties is women’s designer denim – we carry Hudson, J brand, Genetic Denim, Citizens of Humanity and more. Let us help you find the perfect outfit!
- Mercury Design Studio: Infuse design into your home with help from Mercury. Their offerings range from furniture and home decor to stylish notebooks and jewelry.
- Prize: Luxury gifts and accessories.
- Goodie Two Shoes: Shoes, jewelry, accessories, and woman’s clothing at excellent prices.
- Y&I Clothing Boutique: Women’s clothing, jewelry and shoes.
- The Impeccable Pig: Recently expanding into Austin this boutique brings fresh women’s clothing styles to compliment the classic staples.
- SOLA: OK, I’m cheating, this one’s be around forever, but I haven’t been to the Lamar location! What an oversight. Carrying bold and affordable women’s fashions, jewelry and accessories.
- Filin: Designer women’s fashions and bold and funky jewelry.
We’re hitting the town on Saturday November 26th to support Small Business Saturday and hopefully pick up a few gifts for those on our Christmas lists! As a bonus, we’ll get to check out the inaugural 2nd Street District holiday window walk. Shop windows in the district are showcasing iconic musicians, celebrating the 20th anniversary of Austin being deemed “The Live Music Capital of the World.” Students of the St. Edward’s University Theatrical Design Department will manage every aspect of window design from conceptualization to installation. I hope to see you out on the crawl!