This delicious dip is great year round and a perfect way to sneak vegetables on to the buffet for your next party.
The best part of the recipe is that the ingredients are easy to keep on hand so you can whip it up on short notice.
1. Gather your ingredients and tools
8 oz. Sour Cream
8 oz. Mayonnaise
1 tsp Beau Monde
1 tsp. Dill
1 Tbsp. Parsley
1 tsp. Dried Onion
Medium mixing bowl
A few ingredient notes:
- The key to this dip is the Beau Monde spice blend by Spice Islands. It’s a blend of salt, onion and celery. You can pick it up at HEB stores if you’re in Texas or Safeway/Vons.
- I’ve tried substituting light sour cream and didn’t like the results, but I have had good success with substituting in light mayonnaise.
- You can substitute fresh dill and parsley with no real flavor difference, I just find it’s easier to keep the dried versions on hand.
- Please don’t substitute fresh onion! I tried it once when I was out of dried onion and it was NOT the same!
2. Throw everything in a bowl and mix
This is the hardest part! You’ve got to wait for the dry ingredients to marry and bring out the flavors. Cover and put in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
This dip is great with carrots, green peppers, Wheat Thins or Ruffles.